TweetDeck supports StatusNet
I was happy to see that the new version of TweetDeck supports alternate API endpoints. That means that StatusNet users can use TweetDeck as their primary desktop system, or use TweetDeck as part of a multi-service approach.
To set up TweetDeck with StatusNet, follow these simple steps:
- Download and install the latest (0.34.1 or later) version of TweetDeck for Desktop.
- If this is your first install, you'll be asked to set up a new account. Choose the "Twitter" type. If you already have TweetDeck, you can add a new account.
- Choose "Add New Account" and then use the Twitter account type.
- In the account details, enter your username and password. Click the "Advanced Options" link, and add the API root of your StatusNet site to the text page. The API root is usually at "/api/" on your server, either with or without an https://. So, try "https://identi.ca/api/" or "http://example.com/statusnet/index.php/api/". You can check to see if you've got it right by clicking the "Verify Details" link.
- You can add StatusNet columns like replies, all your friends, etc. just like with Twitter. There you go!
I've started using it as my primary desktop StatusNet client; it's working well.