See also: AdminRequirements
(All?) site configuration settings are done in Config.php. It'd be more user friendly to do this in a GUI admin panel.
If you've had any issues with the current (pre 0.9.x) remote subscribe page, drop feedback here:
- Requires shell access
- Growing config.php
- Maintenance (have to copy config.php.sample and update)
 Proposal 1
UI for StatusNet site administration instead of config.php (aka admin panel) to:
- make it more user friendly
- allow central administration where it can be accessed without shell access
- minimize errors (where there can be validation)
- minimize maintenance
- Identify and group settings. Each group will have its own URL.
- Example groups: site, connectivity, design, search, plugins, attachments
- It will be similar to existing Account/Connect settings.
- Aside area is currently not in use. It was originally intended to put help indicators but the form_guides are probably sufficient. We can remove this from the output and extend the content area to full width.
- Each group having its own URL (aka tab), it may or may not have enough space to list them like the Account settings in the local navigation. We may have to add an extra navigation group or extend the existing one. TBD.
- Document issues with this proposal here