StatusNet - The Open Microblogging Tool
StatusNet is a free and open source microblogging platform. It helps people in a community, company or group to exchange short (140 characters) messages over the Web and a variety of other mediums. Users can choose which people to "follow" and receive only their friends' or colleagues' status messages. It provides a similar service to sites like Twitter, Jaiku, and Plurk.
- Source - How to get the source for the software
- Installation - Installing StatusNet
- Facebook application - Setting up StatusNet's built-in Facebook application
- List of servers - Existing services using StatusNet
- DeveloperCommunity - Who's around, how they communicate
- Hacking Guide - How to get involved in development
- API - How to build tools that communicate with StatusNet
- Architecture - Understanding StatusNet's internals and how things work
- Plugins - Plugins for StatusNet
- Apps - Applications and tools that work with StatusNet
- Documentation (and Howtos)
- UX - to document (brainstorming, analysis) core StatusNet components
- 11/20/2009 - StatusNet 0.9.0 release
- 11/05/2009 - StatusNet 0.8.2 released.
- 08/26/2009 - StatusNet 0.8.1 released -- new name and bug fixes!
- 07/15/2009 - Laconica 0.8.0 release.
- 06/25/2009 - Identica updated to 0.8dev <-- Experiencing issues? See if they're being worked on here.
- 06/22/2009 - Laconica 0.7.4 released.
- 04/07/2009 - Laconica 0.7.3 released.
- 03/11/2009 - Laconica 0.7.2.1 released.
- 02/16/2009 - SF East Bay Laconica / OpenMicroBlogging Hackfest
- 02/06/2009 - Laconica 0.7.1 released.
- 01/30/2009 - Laconica 0.7.0 released.
- 01/15/2009 - Laconica has moved from DARCS to GIT for version control []
- 12/15/2008 - Laconica 0.6.4 released.
- 11/23/2008 - Laconica 0.6.3 released.
- 11/18/2008 - Laconica 0.6.2 released.
- 10/06/2008 - Laconica 0.6.1 released.
- 09/22/2008 - Laconica 0.6.0 released.
- 08/25/2008 - SECURITY FIX for post-0.5.0 (darcs) versions. ALL PRODUCTION SERVERS SHOULD UPDATE IMMEDIATELY. See SecurityAlertOne
- 08/10/2008 - Added the DevNotes page, beginning with a description of some ticket housekeeping (kshep)
- 08/09/2008 - The wiki has been secured. You'll need to register in order to make any changes.(kshep)
- 08/08/2008 - Outgoing email is now working. If you haven't already verified you email, please click the link to resend your verification. (Evan)