Jotting a few quick notes from IRC chat we had with the Diaspora folks on general future interop plans & ideas... --brion 20:53, 14 May 2010 (UTC)
- OStatus-compatible server-to-server federation for microblogging, replies
- webfinger for end-user addressing (email@example.com)
- ActivityStreams-over-PuSH as prime server-to-server data flow
- Webhooks for easy extensibility? (bridge to XMPP servers, etc)
- Need to consider best how to do these and how we can make StatusNet, Diaspora, and other similar things have interoperable groups
- (Not yet a solved problem, but a known important one!)
- GPG/PGP for end-to-end encryption on private messaging?
- key exchange over webfinger
- with large number of receivers there may be issues
- some initial thought of pushing encrypted private messages into the public stream for simplicity
- though this is a bit scary; sounds positive on the idea of using PuSH extension for private feeds in addition to the public feeds, should integrate well
- Fetching of personal information from another server: requires permission to be granted
- Use the GPG/PGP key to sign request? Challenge-response & then use a key. Minimize requests needed if possible.
- privacy info in server-to-server communications
- What's the state of discussion in activitystreams etc areas? Need to look into that, make sure everybody can send info around well
Apps and games - everyone loves dancing cat videos
- D team considering making permission approvals work similarly to friend approvals
- look into OpenSocial widget hosting as a possible quick-step-up
- existing docs aren't very clear on doing a host implementation
- what would be a really good interface for getting info cleanly?