How to merge two groups
This process may be automated in the future.
Here we assume two groups, group1 and group2.
- Choose which group you want to be the combined group. Typically choosing the one with the most members is easiest; fewer members have to resubscribe. Here, let's assume group1 is bigger.
- Change the name of group2 to oldgroup2 or something similar.
- Add group2 as an alias to group1. Now, all posts to group2 will go to group1.
- Alert members of oldgroup2 to join group1.
If you are not the admin of both groups, then you can either:
- Get the cooperation of the other group's admin. If they don't want to merge, you have a problem.
- If the other group admin is no longer active, try asking @support to make you an admin on that group.