These are some self-contained jobs that may be worthwhile for novices to do. We also have some other ideas at our Summer of Code page.
- code style clean up - install phpcs and check files in the 0.9.x branch on git, modify to comply with code style standard.
- NOTE: a lot of the style problems are documentation problems. --Evan 15:08, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
- statusnet to automagically work out database type from $config['db']['database'], instead of needing $config['db']['type'] = 'pgsql'
- IRC Plugin -- make a plugin to send and receive notices to/from a configurable IRC bot on a configurable IRC network.
- AIM Plugin -- ditto.
- AMQP queue manager. Make a QueueManager implementation class that uses the AMQP protocol for talking with the actual queue server.
- Gearman queue manager. Ditto, for Gearman.
- Strophe.js plugin -- make a subclass of the RealtimePlugin that uses Strophe.js
- Pastebin/snippets -- figure out how to make a pastebin or snippets server by making an extension of StatusNet
- Frozen Mountain plugin -- a plugin to use the Frozen Mountain realtime update server
- Amazon SQS queue manager -- a queue manager implementation class that uses Amazon Web Services SQS service.
- Yahoo! Geo location provider -- a geographical names provider that links to Yahoo! Geo (see geonames.org plugin for model)
- OpenStreetMap location provider -- a geographical names provider that links to OpenStreetMap
- Update themes (other than base/default/identica)
- Plugin to integrate location with Google Latitude (per user)
- Plugin to integrate location with Yahoo! Fire Eagle (per user)
- Plugin to schedule notices for later delivery. Would need a UI for scheduling the notice, and then some kind of daemon (like a cron daemon?) to post the notice when it's time.