StatusNet 0.8.2 ("Life and How To Live It") is a minor bugfix and minor feature enhancement over its predecessor, 0.8.1.
The software is available at http://status.net/statusnet-0.8.2.tar.gz
 Requirements and installation
|Prereqs and installation instructions are available in the README file.|
Some small and large changes for version 0.8.2:
- New script for deleting user accounts. Not particularly safe or community-friendly. Better for deleting abusive accounts than for users who are 'retiring'.
- Improved detection of URLs in notices, specifically for punctuation chars like ~, :, $, _, *, +, !, @, and %.
- Removed some extra semantic HTML code.
- Correct error in status*network database ini file (having multiple statusnet sites with a single codebase)
- Fixed error output for Twitter posting failures.
- Fixed bug in Twitter queue handler that requeued inapplicable notices ad infinitum.
- Improve FOAF output for remote users.
- new commands to join and leave groups.
- Fixed bug in which you cannot turn off importing friends timelines flag.
- Better error handling in Twitter posting.
- Show oEmbed data for XHTML files as well as plain HTML.
- Updated bug database link in README.
- require HTML tidy extension.
- add support for HTTP Basic Auth in PHP CGI or FastCGI (e.g. GoDaddy).
- autofocus input to selected entry elements depending on page.
- updated layout for filter*by*tag form.
- better layout for inbox and outbox pages.
- fix highlighting search terms in attributes of notice list elements.
- Correctly handle errors in linkback plugin.
- Updated biz theme.
- Updated cloudy theme.
- Don't match '::' as an IPv6 address.
- Use the same decision logic for deciding whether to mark an attachment as an enclosure in RSS or as a paperclip item in Web output.
- Fixed a bug in the Piwik plugin that hard*coded the site ID.
- Add a param, inreplyto, to notice/new to allow an explicit response to another notice.
- Show username in subject of emails.
- Check if avatar exists before trying to delete it.
- Correctly add omb_version to response for request token in OMB.
- Add a few more SMS carriers.
- Add a few more notice sources.
- Vary: header.
- Improvements to the AutoCompletePlugin.
- Check for 'dl' before using it.
- Make it impossible to delete self*subscriptions via the API.
- Fix pagination of tagged user pages.
- Make PiwikAnalyticsPlugin work with addPlugin().
- Removed trailing single space in user nicknames in notice lists.
- Show context link if a notice starts a conversation.
- blacklist all files and directories in install dir.
- handle GoDaddy*style PATH_INFO, including script name.
- add home_timeline synonym for friends_timeline.
- Add a popup window for the realtime plugin.
- Add some more streams for the realtime plugin.
- Fix a bug that overwrote group creation timestamp on every edit.
- Moved HTTP error code strings to a class variable.
- The Twitter API now returns server errors in the correct format.
- Reset the doctype for HTML output.
- Fixed a number of notices.
- Don't show search suggestions for private sites.
- Some corrections to FBConnect nav overrides.
- Slightly less database*intensive session management.
- Updated name of software in installer script.
- Include long*form attachment URLs if url*shortener is disabled.
- Include updated localisations for Polish, Greek, Hebrew, Icelandic, Norwegian, and Chinese.
- Include upstream fixes to gettext.php.
- Correct for regression in Facebook API for updates.
- Ignore "Sent from my iPhone" (and similar) in mail updates.
- Use the NICKNAME_FMT constant for detecting nicknames.
- Check for site servername config'd.
- Compatibility fix for empty status updates with Twitter API.
- a script to register a new user.
- a script to make a user admin of a group.
 Older and newer versions of StatusNet
Additional versions of the StatusNet code base can be downloaded from Gitorious at http://gitorious.org/statusnet/. If you get an error about the tarball not being available for download, try again in a few minutes. You may need to empty your browser's cache to clear the message. You can also get the latest stable release from http://status.net/download.