StatusNet 0.9.2 ("King of Birds") is a minor bug and feature release over its predecessor, StatusNet 0.9.1. Because this fixes a large number of minor and medium bugs, and incompatibilities in the OStatus code with 0.9.0, it is highly recommended that all sites upgrade to the new version as soon as possible.
The software is available at http://status.net/statusnet-0.9.2.tar.gz
 Requirements and installation
|Prereqs and installation instructions are available in the README file.|
Users of version 0.9.0 or later should be able to upgrade in-place. The core database schema hasn't changed. However, it is a good idea to run scripts/checkschema.php after the in-place upgrade.
Notable changes this version:
- Installer no longer fails with a PHP fatal error when trying to set up the subscription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fixed email notifications for @-replies that come in via OStatus
- OStatus related Fixes to the cloudy theme
- Pass geo locations over Twitter bridge (will only be used if enabled on the Twitter side)
- scripts/showplugins.php - script to dump the list of activated plugins and their settings
- scripts/fixup_blocks.php - script to finds any stray subscriptions in violation of blocks, and removes them
- Allow blocking someone who's not currently subscribed to you (prevents seeing @-replies from them, or them subbing to you in future)
- Default 2-second timeout on Geonames web service lookups
- Improved localization for plugins
- New anti-spam measures: added nofollow rels to group members list, subscribers list
- Shared cache key option for Geonames plugin (lets multi-instance sites share their cached geoname lookups)
- Stability fixes to the TwitterStatusFetcher
- If user allows location sharing but turned off browser location use profile location
- Improved group listing via the API
- Improved FOAF output
- Several other bugfixes
 Older and newer versions of StatusNet
Additional versions of the StatusNet code base can be downloaded from Gitorious at http://gitorious.org/statusnet/. If you get an error about the tarball not being available for download, try again in a few minutes. You may need to empty your browser's cache to clear the message. You can also get the latest stable release from http://status.net/download.