It's that time again -- we've packaged together the latest bug fixes and minor feature enhancements, and are pushing out StatusNet 0.9.3 (codename: "Half a World Away").
For best compatibility with client software and site federation, and a lot of bug fixes, it is highly recommended that all public sites upgrade to the new version.
The software is available at http://status.net/statusnet-0.9.3.tar.gz
 Requirements and installation
|Prereqs and installation instructions are available in the README file.|
Users of version 0.9.0 or later should be able to upgrade in-place. The core database schema hasn't changed. However, it is a good idea to run scripts/checkschema.php after the in-place upgrade.
- focus no longer jumps to the notice textarea when you've scrolled down between the page starting to load and completion
- custom css, basic theme upload ability in design admin panel (disabled by default)
- average posts-per-day over account lifetime added to statistics in profile sidebar
- subscription notification emails now include a direct block-user link
- non-SSL login/register forms now auto-redirect to their SSL versions when configured to 'sometimes SSL' mode
- Many localized string updates from translatewiki.net, including new Afrikaans and Galician translations.
- Fixed some translation regressions where context had been updated in the .po files but wasn't updated in the main code in release version.
- fix for geolocation UI messages containing apostrophes etc
- file quota check fix
- tweak for attachment linking processing
- improved file type recognition for ambiguous cases, fixes bad detection of OpenOffice and MS Office attachments
- Added more StatusNet-specific extensions to XML, JSON, and Atom API output to help clients.
- OpenSearch description file now accessible when not authenticated yet, fixes discovery (actual search still requires auth)
- Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * set for API results, allowing non-authenticated API fetches via cross-domain XMLHttpRequest as well as via JSONP on supporting browsers.
- Fixes to group API methods
- Friend API methods now work when referencing offsite subscribers/subscribees
- Fixed broken FOAF relations, bad geonames reference
- Reaching SSL sites now works on a default configuration (can optionally configure SSL host verification, but need a certificate authority cert set to point to)
- More efficient 'rolling enqueue' of mass OStatus outgoing messages
- Various minor fixes
- Initial internal code documentation generation scripts
- Starting to add doc comments for API items
- misspelled DB_DataObject calls now raise an exception to help track down previously hidden bugs
- new event hook for tag display
- copyright info updated for Craig Andrews' copyright assignment to FSF
- updates to PostgreSQL schema
- gettext _m() wrapper use in core caches module lookup correctly
- footers after a blank line now stripped from email, sms-over-email input
- link shortening can now be forced for short links
- Autocomplete plugin now uses class autoloader for action
- Database queueing now retries failed items as intended
- Fixed memory leak during notice delivery to large number of local inboxes
- Fix for infinite-redirect bug when linking to some oddly-configured web sites
- Fixes for locale switching in background daemons
- OpenID now works on PHP 5.3 (upstream php-openid libs updated to 2.2.2)
- Fix for bad redirect on OpenID servers that POST their confirmation reply
- OpenID plugin now has optional admin panel, options for limiting access to a particular provider site.
- OpenID optionally supports Canonical's team extension to restrict access to a given group on a provider
- RequireValidatedEmail plugin can now add an optional exception for OpenID accounts
- reference use fix in authorization plugin
- LDAP auth plugin restructuring to share common code
- new plugin: AutoSandbox
- new plugin: ClientSideShorten
- new plugin: Spotify
- new plugin: Sitemap for on-the-fly Google Sitemaps generation
- new plugin: WikiHowProfile
- Recaptcha fixed on iPhone, Android
- Mapstraction plugin fixes for Google Maps mode
- Facebook integration tweaks: cleaner behavior when server rejects updates, dropped now-broken verb preference
 Older and newer versions of StatusNet
Additional versions of the StatusNet code base can be downloaded from Gitorious at http://gitorious.org/statusnet/. If you get an error about the tarball not being available for download, try again in a few minutes. You may need to empty your browser's cache to clear the message. You can also get the latest stable release from http://status.net/download.