It's that time again -- we've packaged together the latest bug fixes and minor feature enhancements, and are pushing out StatusNet 0.9.4 (codename: "Orange Crush").
For best compatibility with client software and site federation, and a lot of bug fixes, it is highly recommended that all public sites upgrade to the new version.
The software is available at http://status.net/statusnet-0.9.4.tar.gz
 Requirements and installation
|Prereqs and installation instructions are available in the README file.|
Users of version 0.9.0 or later should be able to upgrade in-place. The core database schema hasn't changed. However, it is a good idea to run scripts/checkschema.php after the in-place upgrade.
Changes from 0.9.4beta1:
- fix for daemon config switching on multi-site setup
Notable changes this version:
- OpenID and OAuth libraries patched for potential timing attack
- OStatus feed i/o updated for Activity Streams
- Correctness fixes on XRD, other discovery bits
- Support for contacting SNI-based SSL virtual hosts when SSL certificate verification is enabled (requires PHP 5.3.2+ or enabling CURL backend with $config['http']['curl'] = true)
- Experimental SubMirror plugin
- Multi-site status_network table mode has been tweaked to support multiple tags better
- Many updates to user interface translation from TranslateWiki
- Many other bugfixes
 Older and newer versions of StatusNet
Additional versions of the StatusNet code base can be downloaded from Gitorious at http://gitorious.org/statusnet/. If you get an error about the tarball not being available for download, try again in a few minutes. You may need to empty your browser's cache to clear the message. You can also get the latest stable release from http://status.net/download.