For best compatibility with client software and site federation, and a lot of bug fixes, it is highly recommended that all public sites upgrade to the new version.
The software is available at http://status.net/statusnet-0.9.5.tar.gz
 Requirements and installation
|Prereqs and installation instructions are available in the README file.|
Users of version 0.9.0 or later should be able to upgrade in-place. The core database schema hasn't changed. However, it is a good idea to run scripts/checkschema.php after the in-place upgrade.
Users of the TwitterBridge plugin should run the initialize_notice_to_status.php script in plugins/TwitterBridge/scripts/ to get improved integration for existing tweets in the StatusNet database. New tweets should work fine without running that script.
- Change of license for default themes and documentation from AGPLv3 to CC-By 3.0 Unported.
- An experimental TinyMCE plugin to do in-browser rich editing of status updates. Does not support StatusNet syntax like @-replies or #hashtags very well.
- An experimental plugin to add titles to notices.
- A plugin to support the Echo <http://aboutecho.com/> commenting system.
- A plugin to support the Disqus <http://disqus.com/> commenting system.
- Changes to OStatus support to make StatusNet work for the Social Web Acid Test Level 0 <http://federatedsocialweb.net/wiki/SWAT0>.
- Themes now support a theme.ini file for theme configuration, including defining a "base" theme.
- Improved two-way Twitter integration, including support for repeats and retweets, replies, and faves going both ways across the bridge, as well as better parsing of Twitter statuses.
Full changelog at StatusNet 0.9.5/Changelog
 Older and newer versions of StatusNet
Additional versions of the StatusNet code base can be downloaded from Gitorious at http://gitorious.org/statusnet/. If you get an error about the tarball not being available for download, try again in a few minutes. You may need to empty your browser's cache to clear the message. You can also get the latest stable release from http://status.net/download.