Evan announced 0.9.7 with a [blogpost].
For best compatibility with client software and site federation, and a lot of bug fixes, it is highly recommended that all public sites upgrade to the new version.
Note: StatusNet_0.9.9 has important security updates.
The official download page is at http://status.net/Download
Requirements and installation
- GroupPrivateMessage plugin lets users send private messages to a group. (Similar to "private groups" on Yammer.)
- Support for Twitter streaming API in Twitter bridge plugin
- Support for a new Activity Streams-based API using AtomPub, allowing richer API data. See http://status.net/wiki/AtomPub for details.
- Unified Facebook plugin, replacing previous Facebook application and Facebook Connect plugin.
- A plugin to send out a daily summary email to network users.
- In-line thumbnails of some attachments (video, images) and oEmbed objects.
- Local copies of remote profiles to let moderators manage OStatus users.
- Upgrade upstream JS, minify everything.
- Allow pushing plugin JS, CSS, and static files to a CDN.
- Configurable nickname rules.
- Better support for bit.ly URL shortener.
- InProcessCache plugin for additional caching on top of memcached.
- Support for Activity Streams JSON feeds on many streams.
- User-initiated backup and restore of account data in Activity Streams format.
- SQLProfile plugin to tune SQL queries.
- Better sorting on timelines to support restored or imported data.
- Hundreds of translations from http://translatewiki.net/
- Hundreds of performance tunings, bug fixes, and UI improvements.
- Remove deprecated data from Activity Streams Atom output, to the extent possible.
- NewMenu plugin for new layout of menu items.
- Experimental support for moving an account from one server to another, using new AtomPub API.
- "bug causing some remote users to display the id number instead of nickname. We'll tweak it in the morning..." []
filed -> notices coming for sn sites < 0.9.7 appear as from user id instead of nickname []
- search is not working ATM []
- some Translations reset to english
- identi.ca/user/replies missing to all except yourself []
- did anybody receive the note of [cloud]?, yes!
- http://identi.ca/settings/profile 'share my position' got set to check through the upgrade.
- facebook app is temporarily disabled []
- pino app repeats status messages []
Older and newer versions of StatusNet
Additional versions of the StatusNet code base can be downloaded from Gitorious at http://gitorious.org/statusnet/. If you get an error about the tarball not being available for download, try again in a few minutes. You may need to empty your browser's cache to clear the message. You can also get the latest stable release from http://status.net/download.