StatusNet talk:Community Portal
talk about this wiki here
purpose of this wiki?
I'm a little confused whether this Wiki will replace http://laconi.ca/trac/wiki
Is this MediaWiki just an experiment ?
Is this Wiki solely about identi.ca. If so, we can lose all the historical version references (e.g. 'After 0.6, <blah> is supported') and references to specific, generic Laconica information, can't we ?
Do we need a page on standards ?
The obvious two, thus far, are:
- Laconi.ca versus Laconica
- Identi.ca versus Identica
Also, while Identi.ca may be capitalised at the start of a sentence, I see occurrences where it is Identi.ca is the middle of a sentence which I think is wrong.
- Hi! Thanks for contributing. I think we were thinking this wiki would be for user documentation (focussed on identi.ca, but also useful for users of other services that might be using laconica) as opposed to development documentation, which will stay on trac. Think of this as the "user's guide" versus the programmer's guide. So yes, we can probably drop the version information. Generic laconica information is still useful, though; if there's a difference between the generic software and how it's implemented on identica, we should figure out a way to document that. -- Phoebe 04:32, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
from talk:spam What determines a 'spammer' ?
Where do we report abuse and spam-like behaviour to ?
- for now, I can block anyone who shows persistent abuse or spam; msg me at identica:phoebe. If spam continues to be a problem I will protect the main page for only registered users to edit, which should help (it hasn't been much of an issue so far). I can also give admin rights to anyone who wants to take on this job - just let me know. (p.s copying/moving this to the laconica:Community Portal -- 16:20, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- Hi, I think spam is continuing to be a problem. --Bavatar 09:06, 16 March 2009 (UTC)