StatusNet service
StatusNet service is currently in private beta.
 StatusNet software
StatusNet software is helping foster a more open internet experience. StatusNet is federated, meaning it pushes out and accepts notices through OMB, and also allows for remote subscription to and from other sites that speak the protocol. Through plugins, StatusNet is able to integrate with the ever popular twitter and facebook. The StatusNet software uses the same API as twitter, allowing it to use the same apps as twitter and bridge notices to twitter (a fully bi-directional twitter bridge that can pull notices does exist in the code, but may not yet be enabled on identi.ca)
To get a feeling for the status.net software, check out some sites with their different looks and feels. StatusNet's plugin architecture allows it to offer differing functionality, and through themes and clients, different user experiences. StatusNet lets people share and connect. We love the diversity of uses StatusNet has fostered and the people it has inspired. This is an exciting time and development has been steaming along. Come join the fun by hacking, running or using the StatusNet software.
- http://identi.ca/ the original StatusNet site, and still the largest
- http://brainbird.net/ - has enabled the InfiniteScroll plugin and [real-time updates]
- http://army.twit.tv/ - Leo Laporte's TWiT Community site
- http://status.net/wiki/ListOfServers our list of public sites, add yours!
- Status.net Could Point to the Future of Business Intelligence - ReadWriteWeb, 30 March 2009
- Twitpocalypse: "Open Source Twitter" proposed as antidote to Twitter's DDOS vulnerability - Boing Boing August 11, 2009
- Building Your Own Twitter Is Easy: - Chase Sagum October 5, 2009
- FLOSS Weekly 37 -- refers to old name, Laconica
- Linux Outlaws 52 - Not Sponsored By Dell -- Evan Prodromou on Linux Outlaws, talking about Identi.ca and StatusNet (under old name, Laconica)
- Evan Prodromou on Technometria -- Evan talking about Identi.ca and StatusNet (Laconica) on IT Conversations/Technometria
- The Linux Link Tech Show 322 -- Evan Prodromou talking about Identi.ca and StatusNet
- The Command Line Podcast 2008-10-01 -- Evan Prodromou talking about Identi.ca and StatusNet ("Laconica")