I'm that geeky librarian you know who knows a lot about wikis. And yes, I do look good in glasses. I may or may not be able to answer your questions about mediawiki. But I'll try!
After Evan cajoled me into creating an identi.ca account, it turned out to be a lot more fun than I expected, and so I'm here. Hurrah!
To do list:
- Expand articles that are marked as stubs.
- Browse articles in the To Do category and see if you can help with anything.
- Fill in any red link you see.
- Help with Translations.
- Move Documentation to single pages.
- Answer questions on the FAQ.
- Add questions to the FAQ.
- Help us to clean up
- please link FAQ to http://status.net/wiki/FAQ instead of /doc/FAQ
- please delete blog.status.net and reroute it to http://status.net/blog
- please delete statusnet.status.net
- what's the difference between http://status.status.net/ and http://cloud.status.net/
- except that they're both unused ... ?
- thank you for communicating the status of status.net - blogging, frequent updates, ...
it seems that the only way to handle the wiki-spam ATM is to restrict the wiki to openID logins only . any other ideas?
if you would like to help cleaning up the mess:
- have a look at recent changes
- is it a new page? -> delete as 'spam'
- is it changed page? -> revert to last version
- add spammy URLs to Spam-blacklist
- block users 'infinite'
- block IPs '6 months'