Revision as of 18:15, 16 November 2009 by And3k
Etiquette guidelines for identi.ca, status.net and (open-)microblogging in general.
- A redent should not include the group tag(s) from the original message and therefor they should be removed or disabled (by replacing the exclamation mark with the hash symbol, making it a normal tag).
- To save characters and be independent of the platform (Dent vs Tweet) it is possible the replace the RD, RT or via phrase with the recycling symbol: ♻
The bigger the group, the more it is important to think about what you post.
- Before posting always think about how many people you are going to reach and how many people may be interested in you particular dent.
- Good example: Since this morning !linux is the most used operating system in the world: www.example.com/linux-article
- Bad example: Just re-installed !linux on my laptop
- If you post in non-English, think about how many people understand your post and how many won't (obviously this does not concern local groups).
Administering a group
Never forget: With great power comes great responsibility 
- Upload a group logo.
- Write a good description:
- Try to avoid the word group in the group description. It's redundant.
- If appropriate, make use of the alias feature.
- Don't be the only admin. You can't be online all the time.
- Try to get admins from other timezones.