Revision as of 08:58, 17 November 2009 by 188.8.131.52
Etiquette guidelines for identi.ca, status.net and (open-)microblogging in general.
- A redent should not include the group tag(s) from the original message and therefore they should be removed or disabled (by replacing the exclamation mark with the hash symbol, making it a normal tag).
The bigger the group, the more it is important to think about what you post.
- Before posting always think about how many people you are going to reach and how many people may be interested in you particular dent.
- Example of a "good" dent: Since this morning !linux is the most used operating system in the world: www.example.com/linux-article
- Example of a "bad" dent: Just re-installed !linux on my laptop
- If you post in non-English, think about how many people understand your post and how many won't (obviously this does not concern local groups).
Administering a group
Never forget: With great power comes great responsibility 
- Upload a group logo.
- Write a good description:
- Try to avoid the word group in the group description. It's redundant.
- If appropriate, make use of the alias feature.
- Don't be the only admin. You can't be online all the time.
- Try to get admins from other timezones.
- If you don't need to use these, resist. Most readers will prefer a transparent URL.