Daily log gives a detailed documentation on what happened in a workplace or in an area during a given day which shall also serve as a reference, in case there is a need to look back on that specific day.
- 7 Points to Consider When Writing a Daily Log Part 1
- Daily Work Log Templates: Free Download Part 2
- How to Make Status Reporting 10x Easier Part 3
- Additional Resources Part 4
Though the contents of the report may vary depending on the company’s preference and the requirements of the circumstances for which the report is written for, here are some general matters to consider in writing a daily activity report:
- All necessary information from the day’s professional activity like names, dates, figures must be included in the report.If there is a standard template, fill it out completely and concisely.
- If there is no standard or preferred template, the daily work report may be prepared in a memo format. Explain the work done for the day, with information arranged chronologically or under each subsection by the project.
- State any problems encountered during the day and how it was resolved. If the matter is a pending resolution, explain how it will be resolved and when. If there is a needed assistance coming from other units or department in the organization, it should also be stated in this section.
- It is also important that the report is time-stamped, especially those reports written by personnel on shifting schedules.
- Time-stamping is also critical especially if the report turns out to have a legal significance. If this is the case, the accuracy of the details included in the report must be observed and should be written in such a way that the reader will quickly find the significant information mentioned.
- Be descriptive, as much as possible.
It should be devoid of personal opinions and commentaries. Also, the report must be written in the common language understood by the majority of the readers.
- Though there are a lot of important things to record in an activity report, these three important things should not be missed—the shift during which the report was made, special instruction received by the officer from a client or a supervisor, and an inventory of items received by the officer and its condition upon receipt.
Lastly, just like any other report, the daily activity report must be typographical-error free and has no grammar mistakes. Plans for the following day to be accomplished may also be included in the report.
Daily Report: Free Download Section
How to Make Status Reporting 10x Easier
How to configure status reports on Status Platform:
- Create a “Daily Status Report” applet — customize our preset forms or easily create a new form in minutes.
- Setup reminders if you want your team members to receive automatic reminders when their reports are due.
- Configure who will submit reports by choosing the “Participants” tab.
Step 2: Users will click the “Open Submission Form” button to fill in and submit the report.
Data such as the report type, date and name will be added automatically.
As soon as a new status report is added, participants with “View” rights can view it in real time.
- Set the applet as “Team-wide” if you want all team members to view each other’s status reports.
- Alternatively, you can make every participant to view his/her own reports only. Manager/stakeholders will view all reports.
- Add, remove, and assign new team members at any time.
Step 3 (Optional): Generate a report and export it to PDF.
(Skip this step if you share status reports online and don’t print them.)
Click “Generate Report”.
- Make reporting easier with auto-fill:
Fields such as date, name, report type, and formatting are inserted automatically by software.
- Consolidate reports automatically:
Reports created by your team members can be consolidated easily.
- Save time with auto-layout:
No need to spend hours in Word or Excel perfecting the report’s layout because it exports your updates into a beautifully crafted file with a couple of clicks.
- Peace of mind with auto-reminders:
No one forgets to fill in their status reports because Status Platform sends timely reminders according to the schedule you chose.
- Decrease time and effort spent on monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting thanks to powerful filtering and export features.
- Optionally, enrich reports with the latest updates automatically added from web apps your team uses (such as project management tools, version control systems, support systems, financial applications, etc.) by connecting these apps to your status applet.
- Quick sharing:
Status reports can be either
– exported to files and printed, or sent by email;
– shared with the manager online (in real time);
– shared online (in real-time) as company-wide or team-wide status reports, i.e., all team members share their progress with each other — spend less time on meetings.
Sign up now to make status reporting easier for your team.
- How to Write a Daily Work Report + Free Template Download
- How to Write a Daily Report + Free Template Download
- How to Create a Successful Daily Huddle Agenda + Free Download