An employee evaluation form is an invaluable business tool that enables you to monitor the strengths and weakness of an individual employee thus giving you a more intuitive understanding of your staff member’s performance level.
Employee evaluation form provides you with a clear overview of key aspects like:
- Employee’s general attitude
- Communication skills
- Creative thinking
- Attendance and punctuality
- Leadership qualities
This article will provide you a comprehensive step by step guide on how to create an impressive employee evaluation form.
- 5 Key Functions of an Employee Evaluation Form Part 1
- 5 Easy Steps to Create an Evaluation Form Part 2
- Evaluation Form: 6 Best Practices Part 3
- Employee Evaluation Form Templates Part 4
Key Functions of an Employee Evaluation Form
Employee evaluation form offers a number of incredible paybacks including:
- Gives you a deeper understanding of an employee’s weaknesses, strengths, and area of opportunity
- Offers a reliable basis for employee promotion or demotion
- Helps boost work quality by precisely pointing out areas that an individual need to improve on
- Self-evaluation forms enable you to perfectly organize feedback thus improving the intuitiveness of the whole reviewing procedure
- Boost career development
Step by Step Guide on How to Create an Evaluation Form
- First, you need to give your form a title which is inclusive of date conducted and the name of the employee under examination.
- Next, on your worksheet horizontally list out all the relevant categories you wish to evaluate. However, when listing your measurable, remember to leave a space where rating numbers will go. Additionally, it is recommended that you leave a couple of blank lines after each metric to add comments.
- After that, create a skill section, where you will include specific abilities that an employee has with regards to your organization. Following that, include the overall annual rating while also leaving reasonable space for next year’s appraisal objectives.
- Then create another section where you will highlight all the weaknesses and strengths of the given individual. This should be followed by an in-depth discussion of all the listed elements.
- In conclusion to your employee evaluation form, include a final word stating that the appraisal has been conclusively discussed with the worker.
Tip: Employing already developed employee evaluation form templates would be a great idea to streamline the whole process.
Best Practices When Creating an Evaluation Form
- The instructions/guidelines should be clear and concise – this is crucial as it gives your employee a proper understanding of the precise information to provide.
- Keep the form objective: focus on explicit goals.
- It is important to incorporate on a wide range of an individual’s aspects to ensure an insightful employee evaluation form. For example, if you want to gauge a workers service quality do not focus on just one feature. Rather consider a variety of elements that determine performance.
- It is advisable not to center your mind on the personality of your employees.
- Trash out any irrelevant information. By doing so, you will avoid mixing up things thus guaranteeing ultimate consistency.
- Also, it is paramount to employ distinctive rating scales.
Sample of a Perfect Employee Evaluation Form
An employee evaluation form is an invaluable asset that helps you to explicitly understand the competence and effortlessly identify weak points in your workforce. For that reason, using an insightful and captivating form is vital.
To clearly understand where everything should go and how to present the various relevant categories, here is a perfect example of an excellent employee evaluation form:
How to start:
Step 1: Create your account and create a new applet by selecting a customizable template.
- Set the applet as “Team-wide” if you want all team members to view each other’s records.
- Alternatively, you can allow each participant to view his/her own records only and stakeholders to view all entries.
- Invite guests with limited permissions, if needed.
- Set up reminders if you want your team members to receive automatic email reminders.
- Configure who will add records by choosing the “Participants” tab.
Step 2: Users will click the “Open Submission Form” button to fill it out and submit it.
Step 3: As soon as a new record is added, participants with “View” rights will receive an email notification and can view it in real time on the Timeline screen.
- Click “Edit” to change status or other relevant attributes.
- Employees can discuss records in real time — each record has its own section for live comments.
- Add an unlimited number of attachments (documents, images, photos, videos, audio notes, files) to a record.
- Export records or share them online.
Step 4: Get instant access to historical data and files with powerful search and filtering capabilities.
Step 5: The dashboard screen allows you to save time when you want to check a high-level overview, with quick one-click retrieval of the relevant information.