A proper documentation system is imperative to the success of your business: besides providing an uncompromised referencing point, recording enables you to comprehend the history and analyze various aspects and occurrences in your organization.
- What Is the Job Safety Analysis Form? Part 1
- Top 3 Benefits of an Excellent Job Safety Analysis Form Part 2
- 5 Major Sections of an Excellent Job Safety Analysis Form Part 3
- Best Practices When Using a Job Safety Analysis Form Part 4
- Job Safety Analysis Form Template Part 5
What Is the Job Safety Analysis Form?
Also known as a job hazard analysis form, a job safety analysis form is a business document that highlights all the possible dangers of a specific task with the relevant precautionary measures that can be employed to mitigate the risk.
Boasting of a wealthy knowledge base, a job safety analysis form is an exceptionally comprehensive document that provides detailed insights regarding the risks of a precise job.
This document allows you to analyze both short- and long-term hazards associated with a certain job. A typical job safety analysis form requires you to provide actionable preventive measures towards averting employee accidents.
Top 3 Benefits of an Excellent Job Safety Analysis Form
Used as a Legal Document
Workplace safety is an employee’s right and not a favor — to protect workers there are legal institutions whose primary goal is to ensure that all companies adhere to the recommended safety regulations. While crossing the law can result in substantial penalties, it is in your ultimate interest to provide officially acceptable safety documents.
A standard job safety analysis form is an incredible business document that can be presented for official purposes thus avoiding violation of occupational safety and health (OSHA) regulations.
Typically, most business ventures consider frequently filling a job safety analysis form because besides enhancing your visibility into the welfare of your workplace, this document provides an excellent contribution opportunity across employees raging from various ranks, ultimately improving communication as well as the collaboration of your workforce.
Enhances Safety Training Programs
Generally, an excellent job safety analysis form includes valuable insights regarding your organizations’ safety levels.
If you have prior experience with this tool, you can surely attest that it features an information-rich database.
While the perceptions of this document are predominantly reserved for safety scrutiny purposes, it is apparent that the insightful data set forms an excellent teaching aid for newly hired employees.
Offering a breakdown of all the steps of a particular task, a job safety analysis allows your workforce to intuitively read through and precisely understand potential dangers and how to respond to the risks associated with a specific job.
5 Major Sections of an Excellent Job Safety Analysis Form
Presenting multiple scenarios that range from company to company, these insightful forms come in different formats. While that does not alter its primary function, creating a job safety analysis form necessitates a perfect comprehension of the exact information to highlight.
An excellent job safety analysis form includes five major sections which are:
- Name of the job being analyzed
- Required Personal Protective Equipment for entire job
- A job task breakdown
- Hazards associated with the specific job
- Preventive measures against the risks identified
Best Practices When Using a Job Safety Analysis Form
1. Prioritize Jobs with the Highest Risk Rates
In any organization case scenario, there are dozens of jobs involved where each task comes with a varying risk level. While your employees may get hurt while engaging in either job category when using a job safety analysis form, it is important to prioritize the most hazardous tasks.
To identify which jobs to prioritize, consider the following criteria:
- Task reporting the highest injury rates
- The complexity of the job (tools involved, procedures being employed and substances being used)
- Newly implemented tasks
2. Ensure Excellent Task Breakdown
For a successful hazard analysis, you will need to have even deeper visibility into the exact procedures/steps involved. However, without a proper breakdown of each job, the whole process may become incredibly convoluted thus breeding poor visualization.
Although it may seem tedious, when using a job safety analysis form, a perfect job breakdown helps you in effortlessly identifying unforeseen perils.
3. Consider Using a Questionnaire for Increased Visualization
With a naked eye, a specific job may seem incredibly innocent in terms of causing your employees harm. While you may very much like to employ logic when analyzing the safety level of your workplace, it is clear that sometimes things are not as they seem.
Besides breaking down tasks into chewable bits, employing a strong visualization technique may help you in identifying elusive insights. Among multiple techniques that can trigger intuitive visualization, a questionnaire is a powerful document that goes beyond mere mental visualization. Essentially a comprehensive questionnaire will trigger your mind into critical thinking.
Challenging your mind to questions helps you to think outside the box thus giving you an excellent opportunity to explore all the possibilities deeply.
Other Best Practices Include
- Always remember to consult with your employees
- Use simple, concise sentences when filling up this form
- It is advisable to record every observation, even those that may seem to pose an insignificant hazard
Job Safety Analysis Form Template
A job safety analysis form is an incredible tool that helps you keep your entire workforce free from dangerous occurrences. In the comprehensive guide above, we have captured all the aspects you need to create and effectively incorporate this insightful document in your organization.
For a better understanding of this essential business document, here is an excellent job safety analysis form template that you can benchmark from:
How to start:
Step 1: Create your account and create a new applet by selecting a customizable template.
- Set the applet as “Team-wide” if you want all team members to view each other’s records.
- Alternatively, you can allow each participant to view his/her own records only and stakeholders to view all entries.
- Invite guests with limited permissions, if needed.
- Set up reminders if you want your team members to receive automatic email reminders.
- Configure who will add records by choosing the “Participants” tab.
Step 2: Users will click the “Open Submission Form” button to fill it out and submit it.
Step 3: As soon as a new record is added, participants with “View” rights will receive an email notification and can view it in real time on the Timeline screen.
- Click “Edit” to change status or other relevant attributes.
- Employees can discuss records in real time — each record has its own section for live comments.
- Add an unlimited number of attachments (documents, images, photos, videos, audio notes, files) to a record.
- Export records or share them online.
Step 4: Get instant access to historical data and files with powerful search and filtering capabilities.
Step 5: The dashboard screen allows you to save time when you want to check a high-level overview, with quick one-click retrieval of the relevant information.