With the aim of providing updates on the status or progress of marketing campaigns, marketing status reports are generated monthly to help the company or the organization make informed decisions.
Through a marketing status report, teams will know how their campaigns are performing or if goals are being met. They can also see what marketing activities are delivering results and which ones are not.
- Tips to Writing a Good Report Part 1
- Marketing Status Report Download Part 2
- Additional Resources Part 3
- How to dramatically reduce the time you spend creating reports Part 4
For an effective marketing status report, here is a list of tips on how to present them:
Monthly Marketing Highlights
This part includes the key accomplishments or milestones reached by a campaign. It also shows how each marketing activities are performing.
Therefore, to make it more interesting to the readers, this information can be presented in the tabular or graphical form.Not only does it make the report more attractive, it also allows the readers to quickly get to the main point of the report which is the business values generated by the figures and statistics.
The text provides the story or essence of the report but statistics and figures serve as a strong proof to back up the narrative. The statistic may be from various activities under the marketing campaign such as but not within limits to a publication of blog posts, email blasts, driving website traffic, leads generation and qualification and others.
Key Performance Indicators
Finally, as the company or organization invests time and effort in a marketing campaign, it is important to see which among those they have invested resources into is actually performing.
Here are some key performance indicators, or KPIs, that can be benchmarks in the evaluation of marketing efforts
- Cost Per Lead. This account for the amount it took for the company to turn a stranger into known contact and, eventually, into a potential customer. Furthermore, from this KPI, the team will have an idea as to which marketing activities generates the highest awareness level for the campaign.
- Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL). These are the leads that have passed all the criteria to qualify as a potential customer. The criteria or standards may be different across companies or industries but the methodology and the purpose are the same—the company would like to find out how effective its marketing efforts are in converting leads into MQL.
- Sales Qualified Leads (SQL). SQL are those MQL who actually have an intention to purchase a product offered by the marketing campaign.
In addition, they are the most attractive leads that the marketing team can hand over to the sales team.Consequently, if there are not enough SQLs, it is time to review the qualifying process for generating leads.
Aside from providing updates to the project, a marketing status report can also generate business trends within a specific period, which can be a reference for other marketing campaigns which the company will plan for, in the future.
Marketing Status Report: Free Download Section
Templates on ProsperForms:
- How to Write a Strong IT Status Report + Free Template Download
- How to Write a Good Implementation Status Report + Free Template Download
- A Very Organized Financial Status Report + Free Template Download
ProsperForms is a cloud solution to dramatically reduce the time you spend creating reports
- Make reporting easier with auto-fill: Fields such as date, name, report type, and formatting are inserted automatically by software.
- Consolidate reports automatically: Reports created by your team members can be consolidated easily.
- Save time with auto-layout: No need to spend hours in Word or Excel perfecting the report’s layout because it exports your updates into a beautifully crafted file with a couple of clicks.
- Peace of mind with auto-reminders: No one forgets to submit their reports because ProsperForms automatically sends timely reminders according to the schedule you chose.
- Decrease time and effort spent on monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting thanks to powerful filtering and export features.
- Quick sharing: Reports can be either - exported to files and printed, or sent by email; - shared with the manager online (in real time); - optionally shared online as team-wide status reports, i.e., all team members share their progress with each other to spend less time on meetings.
How to configure reports on ProsperForms:Step 1:
- Choose a form (100+ forms available) — customize our preset forms or easily create a new form in minutes.
- Setup reminders if you want your team members to receive automatic reminders when their reports are due.
- Configure who will submit reports by choosing the “Participants” tab.