Holding a monthly meeting is an effective way of communicating with the team to make decisions, solve problems, craft business strategies, monitor performance, and other things that need to be discussed. Sometimes it is the only time when everyone can sit down and discuss matters of utmost importance for the team and for the organization.
- How to Run an Effective Monthly Meeting Part 1
- Monthly Meeting Agenda Sample (Free Download) Part 2
- How to Make Meeting Agendas 10x Easier Part 3
- How to Spend Less Time on Meetings? Part 4
- Additional Sources Part 5
So, what is the key to an effective monthly meeting? Here are some points to consider to fully utilize it to its maximum potential.
Prepare a meeting agenda and stick to it.
As much as possible, keep it precise and focused. Allot an appropriate length of time for each subject. Send a copy of the meeting agenda to each participant at least three days before the day of the meeting. This ensures they will have an idea on how the meeting will run and are able to prepare for it. For more helpful tips on how to prepare a meeting agenda, you may refer to this article.
Keep the meeting to as small a group as possible.
If you are handling a big group with different concerns and involvements in a project or to a performance indicator, separate meetings should be scheduled. Limit the attendees of the meeting depending on the prepared agenda for that particular meeting.
Start and end on time.
Strictly follow the topics and times indicated on the program of the meeting. If there are other subjects that come up during the discussion, the group may choose to discuss them especially if an issue is of utmost importance. Alternatively, the team may decide to talk about them at the next meeting or to hold a special meeting to discuss a specific issue.
Record what has been discussed.
It is imperative to document the proceedings of the meeting. This article will guide you on the proper way of taking down the minutes of the meeting. Afterwards, send a copy to all attendees to ensure that they are reminded of all the actions taken during the meeting. It is also useful when making a follow-up on the tasks assigned during the meeting.
Monthly meetings are an important vehicle where vital decisions are made for the organization. Everyone should realize its importance—organizers and participants alike. Both parties need to understand and do their part to make the meetings as productive and fruitful as they should be.
Monthly Meeting Agenda: Free Download
Templates on ProsperForms:
How to Make Meeting Agendas and Minutes 10x Easier
How to configure online meeting agendas and/or meeting minutes on ProsperForms:
Step 1: Create a “Meeting Agenda” or “Meeting Minutes” applet.
Step 2: Users will click the “Open Submission Form” button to fill it in and submit it.
Participants can comment on a meeting agenda in its comments section, which ensures the right context for discussion and further reference.
Info such as the date and the name of the person will be added automatically.
Step 3 (Optional): Print it.
(Skip this step if you share meeting agendas and minutes online and don’t print them.)
- Make meeting agendas and minutes instantly available to the meeting participants.
- Save time with auto completion:
Fields such as date, name, formatting, etc. are inserted automatically by software.
- For regular meetings:
Configure recurrence and assign people who will receive automatic reminders to create and share upcoming meeting agendas and/or minutes.
- For irregular meetings:
Start your agenda with info about the meeting date, time and place and this will work as mass-notification: ProsperForms will automatically send emails to all participants as soon as you submit it.
- Improve meeting agendas with the option to gather info for the upcoming meeting agenda from participants.
- Easy sharing:
Meeting agendas and minutes can be either
— exported to files and printed;
— shared online with selected people (in this case, an email with the full text of the meeting agenda will be sent automatically to those with “View” permission); or
— shared online team-wide (the latest meeting agenda will be available online and a notification email will be sent automatically to each team member).
How to Spend Less Time on Meetings?
How to use ProsperForms for status reports:
- Peace of mind: No one forgets to fill in their status reports because ProsperForms automatically sends timely reminders according to the recurrence schedule you chose.
- Increase workplace satisfaction by improving transparency:
Each status update has a separate section for comments, which is used by team members to clarify information, including upcoming goals, and by leaders to provide feedback and coordinate better without micromanagement.
- Use status reports for future reference and decrease time and efforts spent on monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting thanks to powerful filtering and export features.
- Spend less time on meetings by making them more productive because everyone is on the same page at all times.
How to configure status reports on ProsperForms:
- Create a “Status Report” applet.
- Setup reminders if you want your team members to receive automatic reminders when their reports are due.
- Configure who will submit reports by choosing the “Participants” tab.
Step 2: Users will click the “Open Submission Form” button to fill in and submit the report.
Data such as the report type, date and name will be added automatically.
As soon as a new status report is added, participants with “View” rights can view it in real time.
Step 3 (Optional): Generate a report and export it to PDF.
(Skip this step if you share status reports online and don’t print them.)
Click “Generate Report”.