An Essential Guide to Effective Sales Meeting + Free Downloads
A sales meeting is an important factor in ensuring positive productivity and sales results. It is a valuable opportunity to empower sales team members by motivating them and showing them the management’s support. It is also a useful tool to enhance communication between team members. A simple idea or a tip shared during these meetings can expand into bigger and bolder strategies. It is also through these meetings that efforts can be acknowledged, and issues can addressed by the management.
Ensuring the success of these sales meetings starts from having a well-prepared agenda. Having an agenda for upcoming meetings ensures that they are organized and topics are prioritized. It will also help the attendees prepare for the meetings, and they will have an idea how their time will be spent during the meetings.
Sales meeting agenda templates are available online and may be downloaded from the Internet. A team may also create and customize its own sales meeting agenda template, according to its preference. Wherever the source, using a model ensures consistency and uniformity, and more importantly, preparing one will be easier since the fields in the template will guide the person making it. For more information on preparing agenda, please read this article.
- How to Conduct a Productive Sales Meeting Part 1
- Sales Meeting Templates: Free Download Part 2
- How to Make Meeting Agendas 10x Easier Part 3
- How to Spend Less Time on Meetings Part 4
- Additional Sources Part 5
In conducting an effective sales meeting, here are some points that should be considered;
- Start the meeting with an energetic activity or something that will break the ice among the attendees. By starting the meeting with a light and fun activity, the participants’ senses are stimulated, and they are given time to prepare and to adjust into the mindset of cooperation and collaboration. They will also become more open to sharing and discussing their ideas.
- Add value to the meeting by allowing the team members to learn one key sales-related competency which will enhance their skills.
- Allow the attendees to share their individual good practices or techniques that have helped them to improve their own work performances.
- Recognize the team and the team members’ efforts and reward those who are exemplary. Sales meetings should not just be about the meetings themselves, but they should also be about people. Motivate team members by acknowledging the good things they have done. Acknowledge things that made positive impact and increased their sales or improved their performance. The best vehicle to do this is the sales meeting.
- Sales meetings are best done in a uniform and consistent schedule. Give the team something to look forward to and to be accountable for each week.
Some people say that time spent sitting on a sales meeting is better spent in the field. This has long been the way sales people look at sales meetings. The reason might be that they have attended meetings which only wasted their time and was not very productive for them. Preparation and proper conduct of a sales meeting are the keys to ensure that these meetings help everyone become more insightful, creative, and innovative in their approach to increasing their sales performance.
Sales Meeting Template: Free Download
Templates on ProsperForms:
How to Make Meeting Agendas and Minutes 10x Easier
How to configure online meeting agendas and/or meeting minutes on ProsperForms:
Step 1: Create a “Meeting Agenda” or “Meeting Minutes” applet.
Step 2: Users will click the “Open Submission Form” button to fill it in and submit it.
Participants can comment on a meeting agenda in its comments section, which ensures the right context for discussion and further reference.
Info such as the date and the name of the person will be added automatically.
Step 3 (Optional): Print it.
(Skip this step if you share meeting agendas and minutes online and don’t print them.)
- Make meeting agendas and minutes instantly available to the meeting participants.
- Save time with auto completion:
Fields such as date, name, formatting, etc. are inserted automatically by software.
- For regular meetings:
Configure recurrence and assign people who will receive automatic reminders to create and share upcoming meeting agendas and/or minutes.
- For irregular meetings:
Start your agenda with info about the meeting date, time and place and this will work as mass-notification: ProsperForms will automatically send emails to all participants as soon as you submit it.
- Improve meeting agendas with the option to gather info for the upcoming meeting agenda from participants.
- Easy sharing:
Meeting agendas and minutes can be either
— exported to files and printed;
— shared online with selected people (in this case, an email with the full text of the meeting agenda will be sent automatically to those with “View” permission); or
— shared online team-wide (the latest meeting agenda will be available online and a notification email will be sent automatically to each team member).
How to Spend Less Time on Meetings?
How to use ProsperForms for status reports:
- Peace of mind: No one forgets to fill in their status reports because ProsperForms automatically sends timely reminders according to the recurrence schedule you chose.
- Increase workplace satisfaction by improving transparency:
Each status update has a separate section for comments, which is used by team members to clarify information, including upcoming goals, and by leaders to provide feedback and coordinate better without micromanagement.
- Use status reports for future reference and decrease time and efforts spent on monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting thanks to powerful filtering and export features.
- Spend less time on meetings by making them more productive because everyone is on the same page at all times.
How to configure status reports on ProsperForms:
- Create a “Status Report” applet.
- Setup reminders if you want your team members to receive automatic reminders when their reports are due.
- Configure who will submit reports by choosing the “Participants” tab.
Step 2: Users will click the “Open Submission Form” button to fill in and submit the report.
Data such as the report type, date and name will be added automatically.
As soon as a new status report is added, participants with “View” rights can view it in real time.
Step 3 (Optional): Generate a report and export it to PDF.
(Skip this step if you share status reports online and don’t print them.)
Click “Generate Report”.
See also: How to Make Meeting Agendas 10x Easier