An Essential Guide to Effective Sales Meeting + Free Downloads
A sales meeting is an important factor in ensuring positive productivity and sales results. It is a valuable opportunity to empower sales team members by motivating them and showing them the management’s support. It is also a useful tool to enhance communication between team members. A simple idea or a tip shared during these meetings can expand into bigger and bolder strategies. It is also through these meetings that efforts can be acknowledged, and issues can addressed by the management.
Ensuring the success of these sales meetings starts from having a well-prepared agenda. Having an agenda for upcoming meetings ensures that they are organized and topics are prioritized. It will also help the attendees prepare for the meetings, and they will have an idea how their time will be spent during the meetings.
Sales meeting agenda templates are available online and may be downloaded from the Internet. A team may also create and customize its own sales meeting agenda template, according to its preference. Wherever the source, using a model ensures consistency and uniformity, and more importantly, preparing one will be easier since the fields in the template will guide the person making it. For more information on preparing agenda, please read this article.
- How to Conduct a Productive Sales Meeting Part 1
- Sales Meeting Templates: Free Download Part 2
- Additional Resources Part 3
- How to Dramatically Reduce Time You Spend Creating Reports Part 4
In conducting an effective sales meeting, here are some points that should be considered;
- Start the meeting with an energetic activity or something that will break the ice among the attendees. By starting the meeting with a light and fun activity, the participants’ senses are stimulated, and they are given time to prepare and to adjust into the mindset of cooperation and collaboration. They will also become more open to sharing and discussing their ideas.
- Add value to the meeting by allowing the team members to learn one key sales-related competency which will enhance their skills.
- Allow the attendees to share their individual good practices or techniques that have helped them to improve their own work performances.
- Recognize the team and the team members’ efforts and reward those who are exemplary. Sales meetings should not just be about the meetings themselves, but they should also be about people. Motivate team members by acknowledging the good things they have done. Acknowledge things that made positive impact and increased their sales or improved their performance. The best vehicle to do this is the sales meeting.
- Sales meetings are best done in a uniform and consistent schedule. Give the team something to look forward to and to be accountable for each week.
Some people say that time spent sitting on a sales meeting is better spent in the field. This has long been the way sales people look at sales meetings. The reason might be that they have attended meetings which only wasted their time and was not very productive for them. Preparation and proper conduct of a sales meeting are the keys to ensure that these meetings help everyone become more insightful, creative, and innovative in their approach to increasing their sales performance.
Sales Meeting Template: Free Download
Templates on ProsperForms:
- How to Write a Weekly Sales Report + Free Template Download
- How to Create a Meeting Agenda Template + Free Download
- How to Create Meeting Minutes Template + Free Download
ProsperForms is a cloud solution to dramatically reduce the time you spend creating reports
- Make reporting easier with auto-fill: Fields such as date, name, report type, and formatting are inserted automatically by software.
- Consolidate reports automatically: Reports created by your team members can be consolidated easily.
- Save time with auto-layout: No need to spend hours in Word or Excel perfecting the report’s layout because it exports your updates into a beautifully crafted file with a couple of clicks.
- Peace of mind with auto-reminders: No one forgets to submit their reports because ProsperForms automatically sends timely reminders according to the schedule you chose.
- Decrease time and effort spent on monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting thanks to powerful filtering and export features.
- Quick sharing: Reports can be either - exported to files and printed, or sent by email; - shared with the manager online (in real time); - optionally shared online as team-wide status reports, i.e., all team members share their progress with each other to spend less time on meetings.
How to configure reports on ProsperForms:Step 1:
- Choose a form (100+ forms available) — customize our preset forms or easily create a new form in minutes.
- Setup reminders if you want your team members to receive automatic reminders when their reports are due.
- Configure who will submit reports by choosing the “Participants” tab.