A weekly meeting is usually conducted to address recurring problems and issues which might be solved with the shared knowledge and experiences of all team members. It is also an excellent venue to monitor the organization’s key performance indicators, and to remind each member of their responsibilities to help the team achieve its goals. This is also where the team reviews feedback from the customers and other opportunities to improve the organization’s performance.
When people with shared vision sit together to discuss areas of mutual concerns, it sparks creativity, and the possibilities that result are limitless.
- Weekly Meeting: Sample Schedule Part 1
- Weekly Meeting Template Free Download Part 2
- How to Make Meeting Agendas 10x Easier Part 3
- How to Spend Less Time on Meetings? Part 4
- Additional Sources Part 5
Weekly Meeting: Sample Schedule
A. Determine what needs to be discussed during the meeting.
One of the most important considerations when preparing for a weekly meeting is knowing beforehand what will be discussed. This information may come from the executive team, from a current issue, or from the team members themselves. A well-structured weekly meeting agenda will ensure that the upcoming meeting will not become ‘just another meeting’ to waste time with, but an event that the participants will look forward to.
B. To maximize productivity and considering the frequent nature of weekly meetings, they should be kept short and follow a precise schedule.
Here is a sample schedule of a weekly meeting:
1. The first five minutes may be used to discuss good news. It could be an inspiring story of how a certain employee delivered excellent service to a customer or a best practice that enabled a team member to accomplish a task efficiently.
2. The next five to ten minutes may be allotted to review individual or team metrics. Metrics should be reviewed only in terms of the numbers. There should not be discussion of the reasons behind them.
3. Then, the following ten minutes is the time to discuss issues and concerns faced by the employees or their customers.
4. The next ten minutes should be used to track the development or progress of a project, including the team member’s individual tasks. Assigning or reassigning of tasks may also be done at this point.
5. The remaining ten to thirty minutes may focus on the main topic to be discussed at that particular meeting. The subject matter could be something that the team may brainstorm for, and the article here discusses different brainstorming tools and techniques. Aside from brainstorming, somebody from the team may have a presentation about it.
C. Since this is a weekly activity, roles may be assigned alternately among team members.
This is a good way of sharing responsibilities and creating a different atmosphere to each meeting. Also, do not forget to inject creativity towards the facilitation of the meeting to make it more enjoyable.
Weekly Meeting Agenda Template: Free Download
Templates on Status Platform:
How to Make Meeting Agendas and Minutes 10x Easier
How to configure online meeting agendas and/or meeting minutes on ProsperForms:
Step 1: Create a “Meeting Agenda” or “Meeting Minutes” applet.
Step 2: Users will click the “Open Submission Form” button to fill it in and submit it.
Participants can comment on a meeting agenda in its comments section, which ensures the right context for discussion and further reference.
Info such as the date and the name of the person will be added automatically.
Step 3 (Optional): Print it.
(Skip this step if you share meeting agendas and minutes online and don’t print them.)
- Make meeting agendas and minutes instantly available to the meeting participants.
- Save time with auto completion:
Fields such as date, name, formatting, etc. are inserted automatically by software.
- For regular meetings:
Configure recurrence and assign people who will receive automatic reminders to create and share upcoming meeting agendas and/or minutes.
- For irregular meetings:
Start your agenda with info about the meeting date, time and place and this will work as mass-notification: ProsperForms will automatically send emails to all participants as soon as you submit it.
- Improve meeting agendas with the option to gather info for the upcoming meeting agenda from participants.
- Easy sharing:
Meeting agendas and minutes can be either
— exported to files and printed;
— shared online with selected people (in this case, an email with the full text of the meeting agenda will be sent automatically to those with “View” permission); or
— shared online team-wide (the latest meeting agenda will be available online and a notification email will be sent automatically to each team member).
How to Spend Less Time on Meetings?
How to use ProsperForms for status reports:
- Peace of mind: No one forgets to fill in their status reports because ProsperForms automatically sends timely reminders according to the recurrence schedule you chose.
- Increase workplace satisfaction by improving transparency:
Each status update has a separate section for comments, which is used by team members to clarify information, including upcoming goals, and by leaders to provide feedback and coordinate better without micromanagement.
- Use status reports for future reference and decrease time and efforts spent on monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting thanks to powerful filtering and export features.
- Spend less time on meetings by making them more productive because everyone is on the same page at all times.
How to configure status reports on ProsperForms:
- Create a “Status Report” applet.
- Setup reminders if you want your team members to receive automatic reminders when their reports are due.
- Configure who will submit reports by choosing the “Participants” tab.
Step 2: Users will click the “Open Submission Form” button to fill in and submit the report.
Data such as the report type, date and name will be added automatically.
As soon as a new status report is added, participants with “View” rights can view it in real time.
Step 3 (Optional): Generate a report and export it to PDF.
(Skip this step if you share status reports online and don’t print them.)
Click “Generate Report”.