A weekly sales report is an essential tool to appraise the company’s performance in terms of sales. Generated by the sales department, which is mainly the engine that runs the company, the weekly sales report impacts major decisions such as business development, recruitment, salary increases, and a lot more.
Because of its relative significance, it is critical to creating a weekly sales report that delivers the most crucial information on which major company decisions will be based. In addition, clear and concise, it should be able to highlight relevant data and figures to help management steer the company towards the right path of success and away from roadblocks and potholes.
- How to Create a Weekly Sales Report Part 1
- Weekly Sales Report Template: Free Download Part 2
- How to Make Status Reporting 10x Easier Part 3
- Additional Sources Part 4
Here are some of the ways to create a weekly sales report.
Know the Recipients of the Report
While figures and data are relevant, not all officers of the organization can appreciate the business value it generates.
Think of what information they need, depending on the purpose behind why they need the weekly sales report.
Is it to decide whether to continue a product based on its market performance?
Is it to support a decision to hire more personnel?
Or, is it to be used as a basis for launching a massive marketing campaign?
Furthermore, the marketing team may want to know which among the marketing strategies are converting leads into sales while the finance department may need to know whether the sales are generating enough funds to support the company’s operation.
Knowing these things will help the writer of the report to focus only on necessary related data.
Remember Presentation Quality
Sales reports mainly consist of figures, and presenting such kind of report will only pique the interest of those who are also into numbers, but not of those who are not.
So, to make it attractive and ‘palatable’ for everyone, the use of visual presentation will be of great help. Furthermore, Infographics help explain the meaning or the story behind the numbers without the need for a narrative.
Tables, charts, and also graphs help the readers see the trends in sales and other related information.The use of visual presentation is not about giving the report an aesthetic value, but to make it engaging and easy to understand.
Summarize Related Activities
It is helpful to provide a brief summary of all related activities done by the employees such as, but not limited to;
- The number of new clients acquired during the week.
- The number of inquiries received and also how many of these were converted into actual sales.
- Sales activities participated in by the employee, and also the number of clients acquired and sales made if there are any.
- A comparison of actual sales during the reporting week and the previous week, including the significant events that lead to the increase or decrease in sales.
Since weekly sales reports mainly consist of figures and computations, it is imperative to ensure that calculations do add up by taking the time to review those before submitting it to the concerned officer or department.
Weekly Sales Report: Free Download
Templates on ProsperForms:
How to Make Status Reporting 10x Easier
How to configure status reports on ProsperForms:
- Create a “Project Status Report” applet — customize our preset forms or easily create a new form in minutes.
- Setup reminders if you want your team members to receive automatic reminders when their reports are due.
- Configure who will submit reports by choosing the “Participants” tab.
Step 2: Users will click the “Open Submission Form” button to fill in and submit the report.
Data such as the report type, date and name will be added automatically.
As soon as a new status report is added, participants with “View” rights can view it in real time.
Step 3 (Optional): Generate a report and export it to PDF.
(Skip this step if you share status reports online and don’t print them.)
Click “Generate Report”.
- Make project reporting easier with auto-fill:
Fields such as date, name, report type, and formatting are inserted automatically by software.
- Consolidate reports automatically:
Reports created by your team members can be consolidated easily.
- Save time with auto-layout:
No need to spend hours in Word or Excel perfecting the report’s layout because it exports your updates into a beautifully crafted file with a couple of clicks.
- Peace of mind with auto-reminders:
No one forgets to fill in their status reports because ProsperForms automatically sends timely reminders according to the schedule you chose.
- Decrease time and effort spent on monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting thanks to powerful filtering and export features.
- Quick sharing:
Status reports can be either
– exported to files and printed, or sent by email;
– shared with the manager online (in real time);
– optionally shared online as team-wide status reports, i.e., all team members share their progress with each other to spend less time on meetings.
Sign up now.