- What is a Shift Handover Report? Part 1
- Elements of a Shift Handover Report Part 2
- Shift Handover Report Templates and Examples Part 3
- Perfect Shift Handover Report: Tips and Benefits Part 4
What is a Shift Handover Report?
A shift handover report is a document that summarizes the activities that took place during a shift. It also includes any issues that need to be resolved before the next worker starts and any information needed for the next person.
Shift reports are usually prepared by the outgoing shift personnel and delivered to the incoming personnel. The purpose of this report is to provide information on what has been done, what has not been done and what needs to be done in order to maintain continuity of work.
Elements of a Shift Handover Report
A shift handover report is a document that is used to communicate important information between shift workers, and therefore the report should include a summary of the events that occurred during the previous shift, as well as any tasks that need to be completed during the next shift. It is also important to include any notes or observations that may be relevant to the next shift worker.
Shift report should be concise and easy to read, and it should be clear which tasks are urgent and which can be delayed until later. It is also important to ensure that all workers involved in the handover are aware of their responsibilities. In a company with many different shift workers, it is very important that all employees are aware of the changes and know what to do. The handover report should be distributed to the appropriate personnel in order to ensure that all employees understand the upcoming events. In the event that an emergency has occurred and a shift worker is unable to take over, it is important that the handover note be made. This can be completed by a colleague who will not be taking over for an upcoming shift or by someone on-call.
This document consists of a number of sections, which are usually the following:
- Shift information
- Shift activities
- Findings and issues
- Actions taken and follow up actions required
Shift Handover Report Templates and Samples
In order to provide a smooth handover for both employees and managers, it is important to document all relevant information about a shift change. A shift report can include information such as the time of the shift, who was on duty, what tasks were completed, and any issues that arose. By providing this information in a detailed format, it can help ensure a smooth handover process for both employees and managers.
Here are the best examples of shift handover report templates:
Shift Handover Report Template, Example 1:
- Date: ______
- Time of shift: ______
- Employee’s name: ______
- Tasks completed: ______
- Notes: ______
Manager Shift Handover Form Template, Example 2:
- Person completing report: ___________
- Date: ___________
- Time: ___________
- Location: ___________
- Length of shift/Actual hours worked: ___________
- Work done during the previous shift: ___________
- Work planned for the next shift: ___________
- Any issues or problems that occurred during the previous shift and how they were resolved: ___________
- Any issues or problems anticipated for the next shift and, if applicable, how they should be resolved: ___________
Manager Shift Handover Form Template, Example 3:
- Date: ___________
- Time of shift: ___________
- Team members: ___________
- Current status: ___________
- Outstanding tasks/issues: ___________
- Priority: ___________
- Notes: ___________
Simple Shift Handover Form Template, Example 4:
- Name: ___________
- Date/Time: ___________
- Shift Start Time: ___________
- Shift End Time: ___________
- Current Status: ___________
Production Shift Handover Form Template Example 5:
- Date and time of report: ___________
- Location of report: ___________
- Shift number: ___________
- Shift name: ___________
- Report author’s name: ___________
- Number of units produced: ___________
- Number of units delivered: ___________
- List of tasks that were not completed: ___________
- List of any issues or problems encountered and if they were solved: ___________
Shift Handover Form Template Example 6:
- Name, date: ___________
- Summary of work done: ___________
- Key achievements: ___________
- Issues faced and how they were handled: ___________
- Actions needed for next shift’s staff: ___________
Shift Handover Form Template Example 7:
- Name of the employee who is transferring to the new shift: ___________
- Name of the employee who is transferring from the new shift: ___________
- Start time of the shift: ___________
- End time of the shift: ___________
- List of duties that will be assigned to each employee during their shift: ___________
- List of any equipment that will need to be transferred: ___________
Shift Handover Form Template Example 8:
- Name of the shift: ___________
- Date and time: ___________
- Number of hours worked: ___________
- List of any issues that were encountered during this time period: ___________
- List of any incidents or accidents: ___________
- Action items required for completion: ___________
The report should be brief, factual and easy to read.
It is important to keep a shift report on file so that any changes that may occur during a shift can be documented. This document can be used to help new employees understand the work schedule and any changes that have occurred.
This document can also be used as a reference when an employee is having trouble performing their duties. By documenting the shift handover report, it will be easier to track down the source of the problem.
Perfect Shift Handover Report: Tips and Benefits
The shift handover report is a document that the outgoing shift needs to prepare for the incoming shift. It contains all the information they need to know about the current situation. The outgoing shift should provide enough information so that the incoming team can take over and continue with their work. It is important to document all relevant information about the shift, including who was on duty, what tasks were completed, and any issues that arose.
There are many ways you can prepare your report using the templates above, plus here are some tips on writing a perfect shift report:
– When a shift handover report is created, it can be helpful to provide context about the shift. This can help to ensure that the report is accurate and useful. For example, if a shift was started late, it may be helpful to include this information in the report. Additionally, including any relevant notes or comments about the shift can also be helpful.
– You need to document everything that has been done during your shift, including any problems or incidents.
– You should also include what tasks need to be completed before you leave and who is going to do them.
– Include details about any pending tasks or decisions that have not been made yet and who will make them.
– Include any other relevant information, but be clear and concise – don’t include unnecessary information, or go into too much detail about specific incidents.
– Keep the language simple and avoid jargon
– Make sure you mention any major events or changes that took place during the shift, as well as any issues that need to be addressed.
– Let your teammates know if there are any specific tasks you need them to take care of.
The benefits of using shift handover reports
A shift handover report is a document that is used to communicate important information between shifts: it outlines the duties and responsibilities of the outgoing shift, and the incoming staff is then able to see what needs to be done for the next shift in order to minimize mistakes and maximize efficiency, as well as maintain quality standards in general.
It is important to have a clear record of a worker’s activities when they are transferred to a new shift, and this can be done through a shift handover report. A shift report allows for the transfer of information between shifts, and ensures that everyone is up to date on what is happening. This important report is also a good way to track down potential problems. By looking at the reports from previous shifts, it is possible to see if there are any trends or patterns that need to be addressed.
Digital Shift Handover Forms on ProsperForms
Here is a customizable digital shift handover report form:
ProsperForms is a cloud solution to dramatically reduce the time you spend creating reports
- Make reporting easier with auto-fill: Fields such as date, name, report type, and formatting are inserted automatically by software.
- Consolidate reports automatically: Reports created by your team members can be consolidated easily.
- Save time with auto-layout: No need to spend hours in Word or Excel perfecting the report’s layout because it exports your updates into a beautifully crafted file with a couple of clicks.
- Peace of mind with auto-reminders: No one forgets to submit their reports because ProsperForms automatically sends timely reminders according to the schedule you chose.
- Decrease time and effort spent on monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting thanks to powerful filtering and export features.
- Quick sharing: Reports can be either - exported to files and printed, or sent by email; - shared with the manager online (in real time); - optionally shared online as team-wide status reports, i.e., all team members share their progress with each other to spend less time on meetings.
How to configure reports on ProsperForms:Step 1:
- Choose a form (100+ forms available) — customize our preset forms or easily create a new form in minutes.
- Setup reminders if you want your team members to receive automatic reminders when their reports are due.
- Configure who will submit reports by choosing the “Participants” tab.